Memories... Like Mom Made!

Memories... Like Mom Made!
Out of dark moments, flowers grow.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

How to Entertain Your Preschooler

Having a new baby in the house is amazing. Watching her grow and change and become interested in the world around her is incredible. I have to admit though, I had forgotten how extremely exhausting it is to be a 24/7 milk factory/bottle/pacifier, not to mention changing diapers every couple of hours while also keeping up on house work, creating delicious meals, and doing load after load of laundry.

And did I mention we cloth diaper? Yeah. We do. And I LOVE it... But the extra loads of laundry...

Well let's just come out with it:

I am EXHAUSTED!

Oh and did I mention that I have a 3 year old? A wonderful, curious, active, intelligent 3 year old who is constantly in need of things himself.

One of the most difficult things about adjusting to having a new baby is making sure not to lose sight of the other child(ren) in the house. Especially at this age. He is becoming more and more independent, which is awesome, but it can also be trouble. Because the independent 3 year old actually creates more work for mommy if not properly guided... IE: an independent 3 year old left to his own devices may pull every single snack item out of the cabinet and proceed to sit down and work his way through every cracker and fruit snack in the bunch. Or help himself to some juice, which he proceeds to pour in his own cup... and on the counter, floor, sink, etc..

Yes 3 is an incredible age, if you are prepared for it!

So I am going to start a small series of posts with tips on how I entertain my precocious 3 year old in a way that still promotes fun, learning, and a few minutes of peace (read: nursing, changing diapers, doing laundry, sneaking cookies in the utility room... whatever you may need a few extra minutes to do) for mommy.

If you have any particularly useful activities that you utilize in your home, please share them here and I will be sure to try them out and include them in the future.

1. Bean Bucket

No comments:

Post a Comment