Memories... Like Mom Made!

Memories... Like Mom Made!
Out of dark moments, flowers grow.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Starting to Heal... One day at a time

So today was a difficult day.

But for once, on the 28th of a month, the horrible event that happened six months ago wasn't tearing me apart all day. Today was an awful day for reasons I will share later, but as I trudged my way through this day, I felt this presence.

Leila was with me.

Leila was wrapping her sweet angel wings around me and telling me that she is here.

And though I wish with all my heart that I could hold her, kiss her, rock her:

I am comforted just knowing she is with me. Always.

I am starting to heal. I can feel that a little more each day. I miss her every day, but my thoughts aren't consumed with the grief and guilt that I once felt.

Some days are hard for different reasons, like today. But I have come to find this peace and understanding.

I have accepted that she just wasn't meant to be with us on Earth. God has bigger plans for her, and I will see her again one day.

So though today was a horribly, awful, difficult day: I survived.

As I have managed to do every day since we said goodbye.

And I will continue to do so every single day until we say hello again.



I love you sweet baby angel.

-Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment