Memories... Like Mom Made!

Memories... Like Mom Made!
Out of dark moments, flowers grow.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Smiling Through The Tears :)



Yesterday our sweet Leila would have been 6 months old. If she were alive and healthy, I can only dream of the things she would be capable of.

But I am trying to refrain from dwelling on the impossible.

Instead, I spent yesterday doting on my precious son, Landon.

Everything about him makes me smile:


His shaggy blonde hair with the gorgeous natural high lights that I just wish I could capture in a bottle and use for myself...





His stunning blue eyes that have the ability to melt my heart no matter how stressed or upset I may be...

His chubby little fingers that he waves around and points at things with, sometimes even pointing right at me and saying "No, no mama!"...


His round little cheeks and squinty eyes, and the way his smile lights up his whole face...



The way his personality sparkles in anything and everything he does...



The way he has no fear of running bare foot down an abandoned dirt road, yet he won't even walk on the sidewalk if he sees a bug in his path...



The way he can be so blissfully happy just chomping away on some watermelon, not a care in the world...

and how even if that watermelon falls on the ground and is covered with dirt, he quickly picks it right back up to continue eating (as mom comes running over and says "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait!!!!")...








I am so blessed.

3 comments:

  1. He is a doll. I love you all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are amazing! You are one lucky Mama to have Landon by your side. I want you to know that your story has made me hug my two little ones just a little tighter. Hang in there, it's not easy but you are a tough lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the compliment. A wonderfully talented friend took them!

    Keep hugging those babies tight. Thank you for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete