Memories... Like Mom Made!

Memories... Like Mom Made!
Out of dark moments, flowers grow.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pumpkin Donut Holes

A while back I tried a new recipe I had seen floating around the internet from The Craving Chronicles. Pumpking Spice Donut Holes....

Let's just say these things are delicious, maybe even life changing...

Ok, definitely life changing.

I have since made these about 3 or 4 times and even made double to freeze (they froze beautifully, by the way), and every time they have turned out absolutely scrumptious...

You MUST try these.

Perfect for a sleep over, for a fancy brunch with the girls, for a good start to your morning any day of the week ( I mean seriously, pumpkin IS a vegetable after all!).

You will love me for this recipe.

I promise...


So you can hop on over to the original post here and follow her directions, or you can just read on and hear how I did it, as well as tips for freezing extras (if you manage to have any).


Pumpkin Donut Holes
(The recipe below is a double batch of the original with a few minor adjustments. I froze half to use later and boy was I glad I did!)

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees

Sift together the following in a medium sized bowl:
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

In a larger bowl, beat the following until blended:
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar
2 egg
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup canned plain 100% pumpkin
1 cup milk

Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until mixed. Do not over mix.

Spray your mini muffin pan with cooking spray and fill each cup 2/3 of the way full. Bake for about 10 minutes.

While the donuts are baking, mix 1 cup white sugar with 3 tablespoons cinnamon. Melt a stick of butter in the microwave in 15 second increments until melted.

When the donuts are done baking, let them cool just enough to handle, then dip each one into the butter, then roll in the sugar.

This double batch yields about 50-60 donut holes. If you don't want this many, you can either freeze half like I do, or do the original recipe amounts, or divide mine in half.

Every time I have made these, the entire plate has been gone in less than an hour... Even when it was just my two year old and me!

If you are like me and you want to freeze half for later, you will bake them for just a few minutes less than your other batches. Then freeze them in the muffin tin for an hour or two. Then simply toss them into a freezer bag and when you are ready to eat them, put them back into a muffin tin and heat for 5 minutes at 350. Then coat them in butter and sugar like you did your fresh batch!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Making this right now.....can't wait to taste them! I think I am going to do some plain without the glaze and see how they taste!

    ReplyDelete