Memories... Like Mom Made!

Memories... Like Mom Made!
Out of dark moments, flowers grow.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

White Bean Spinach Hummus Dip



I am NOT a good name giver... Let me just say that right now... Basically this dip was a DELICIOUS accident.. I had a ton of spinach that I wanted to use, so I decided to "go with it"... I opened the cabinet and found a can of Great Northern Beans and a can of Garbanzo beans... From there, an idea was born.

First, chop an onion finely and throw it in a sauce pan with some olive oil. Throw in a couple minced garlic cloves. Stir until fragrant.



Meanwhile, wash and dry a BIG bunch of spinach... I am going to say I used two packed cups.. But it is really only about 6-8 oz...



When you throw it in it will be super fluffy, but as you stir it and it gets hot it will shrink down. Once everything turns bright green and is wilted it is done. Turn the pan off and let it cool.



Transfer the spinach mixture, white beans (you can use any white bean) garbanzo beans, a splash of olive oil, a splash of lemon juice, some salt and pepper, a handful of fresh basil leaves if you have them, and a splash of chicken broth to the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth, adding olive oil as necessary to get a smooth consistency.



That's it! You are done! It is SOOOOOO addictive and delicious, and I even found a few other uses for it:

I spread some on a chicken breast and made a tasty sandwich
I boiled and drained some pasta, then tossed the hot pasta in a couple spoonfuls of the dip. Landon loved it, and I was pretty content too!
I spread some on garlic toast
I dipped some homemade tortilla chips in it
I licked the spoon... (very tasty).

I am sure there are many more ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment