Memories... Like Mom Made!

Memories... Like Mom Made!
Out of dark moments, flowers grow.

Monday, May 3, 2010

MilSpouse Blog Hop!

So all I know about this blog hop is that I found it on Sailor Wifey's blog. I think it is a fantastic idea but don't know how best to explain what it is so check it out here.


About Me

My name is Virginia Decker and I am 23 years old. I am a very proud military wife of 2 years, and mother to a 17 month old little boy. I am a cancer survivor and I thank God every day for blessing me with such a wonderfully supportive family. Cooking is more than just a daily duty or responsibility to me. I see cooking as a way to create powerful memories for my family: the smell of fresh baked bread wafting out the front door as my husband comes home, crisp bacon and fresh brewed coffee waking up my husband and child, homemade graham crackers delighting my hungry son... Food is not just a basic survival need: it is much more than that to me.

I met my husband around Thanksgiving 2007. I never believed in the term "love at first sight" but I think we came pretty close. We started dating a few weeks later when we met again, and within 10 days we were engaged and madly in love,and married 2 months later. We got pregnant on our honeymoon, and 9 months later our Landon was born. Lucky for us we are still just as in love as when we first met, though we realize that our story is a rare one.

My husband and I have been through so much together. I am truly blessed to have him in my life.

I hope you enjoy checking out my blog. It is a wonderful tool for me to retain a little bit of my identity, and to feel like I am giving a bit of myself to the world.

6 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the military hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! Stopping by from the blog hop! Come by and visit me, http://lifeasasailorsgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up on the blop hop! I hope you're meeting some of the great mil spouses out there. Cancer survivor, pregnant on your honeymoon? You go girl! It's so nice to meet you, and I look forward to reading more about you!

    Wife on the Roller Coaster

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dropping by from the blog hop and following you now too! :)

    ~Staci
    ramblingmilitarywife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the MilSpouse Blog hop. I love cooking and baking too and totally agree with you about it as a way to create memories. Look forward to following your blog! - Marilyn (mzw3.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello lovely! I found you through the milspouse hop. I love meeting new military wives!

    I'm a new follower! I also have a military blog, it's called, Goodnight moon. Come by and find me so we can be blogging friends:)

    ReplyDelete