Memories... Like Mom Made!

Memories... Like Mom Made!
Out of dark moments, flowers grow.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Brats on the grill and a Greasy Plate of Deliciousness...

Note... to my followers requesting healthy meal ideas...

this is not it.

But boy was it DELICIOUS!

So my husband and I usually eat relatively healthfully, but we have decided to make a bigger change in our eating lifestyle starting tomorrow... Okay let me rephrase that. Donovan is making a bigger change in his eating lifestyle. Pretty much being that he is no longer going to be consuming massive amounts of soda and caffeine, and we will continue to eat like we normally do...

Okay so now is the time to get to the point:

Tonight we splurged. I mean, we REALLY splurged.

Let me show you a picture, so you can understand...



Can you just feel your arteries clogging as you look at this? And I bet you are drooling too!

Okay so that big pile of yumminess is a batch of deep fried potato wedges topped with loads of sharp cheddar cheese, a big pile of crumbled crisply fried bacon, and a big dollop of sour cream. If I had green onions I would have chopped them up on top too, but this is what I had.

To serve with the loaded potato wedges, I mixed up a spicy ranch dipping sauce.



It was extremely easy.

Just squirt about 1/3 cup ranch dressing into a dipping bowl and sprinkle in 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper and a 1/4 teaspoon chili powder. Adjust to your tastes.

And enjoy your super unhealthy meal!!!!

We sure did!


P.S. I solemnly swear that I will have healthy, completely homemade meals back on my website tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. You should have called about the green onions...I grow them and need to go pull them all out of the pot and start a new batch.

    That look soooooo good, btw.

    ♥ SailorWifey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will def. take some green onions off your hands! What else do you grow? My garden is sad right now... My oregano and mint is off to a beautiful start and in about 3 weeks I should be ready to enjoy a mint julep, but my peppers and tomatoes are barely in the beginning stages of flowering... My basil is thriving though..

    I keep saying I am going to plant zucchini but I haven't drilled the holes in the container yet to start... I should do that today!

    Oh and you should try it: it was soooo good! It was a take off of 54th streets: Fry me to the Moon... That was one of my favorite places to eat in college. So good!

    ReplyDelete