Memories... Like Mom Made!

Memories... Like Mom Made!
Out of dark moments, flowers grow.

Friday, April 30, 2010

Pork Milanese with Creamy Lemon Pasta and a Movie!!!



Have you seen Remember Me? Well if you haven't and you expect to see a fluffy happy romantic comedy: that is not what you are in for. I repeat: Remember Me is not a romantic comedy... It is a very roughly scripted and filmed (artistically though.. I am in no way offending this movie) romantic drama. The ending will knock you on your ass.

So obviously I got to go see a movie tonight!!!! The movie was at the free movie theater here on base, and it started a 7, so I didn't have much time to prepare, cook, and eat dinner between Donovan coming home from work and needing to get ready and leave.

So I had some pork chops thawed out.

And I had some lemons and some heavy cream I needed to use.

And I had a leek that was sad and lonely and begging to be made into something delicious.

So this is what I did:

Virginia's Pork Milanese with Creamy Lemon Pasta
Start to finish 20 minutes (I know, right?!?!)

Start a pot of salted water on the stove. While it is heating up to a boil (you will be cooking your pasta in this) lightly pound 4 boneless pork chops with something heavy and flat-ish to about 1/3 inch thickness... or just pretty thin... I used a pickle jar (from the purging of my fridge which I will be posting about shortly). If you have a meat mallet you won't have to get creative like I do. Oh and put it between two pieces of waxed paper for easy clean up.



Beat two eggs in a shallow bowl, and in another shallow bowl mix about 3/4 c italian bread crumbs (or almond flour and your favorite seasonings for all my primal friends), and 1/2 c parmesan (the kind that comes in a can).



Dip each chop into the egg then coat in the crumb mixture. Put these aside while you heat up about 1/4 c butter and a few glugs of olive oil on med hi heat in a skillet. In another pot, melt 1 T on medium high heat.



Thinly slice some leeks (I only had one, but you can use as many or few as you like), a small onion, and some garlic cloves. Toss these into the pot with the melted butter.

Add enough angel hair pasta to satisfy however many people you are feeding. Now back to your chops. Carefully add them to the skillet and let them cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes, or until gorgeous golden brown.

Once your veggies are tender in the other pot add 1/2 c heavy cream, 1/4 c milk, zest of two lemons, juice of two lemons (about 1/4 cup). Don't you love how I am trying to juggle three things at once here? It sounds so much more difficult in a recipe... but it isn't at all hard, remember, this only took 15-20 minutes to do!

Stir this well and double check on your pork. It is probably ready to flip.

Now all you have to do is let the pork finish, drain and rinse the pasta, and let the sauce thicken.

Arrange each serving of pasta in a nice little nest on the plate with the pork milanese laid nicely up against it. Now drizzle your sauce over everything... Garnish with parsley, fresh basil, and lemon slices.




Enjoy your restaurant worthy, incredibly delicious, super fast, easy meal!!!


Here is the breakdown:

4 boneless pork chops - pounded to 1/3 inch thickness

2 eggs

Combine
3/4 c italian bread crumbs
1/2 c parmesan cheese

Heat 1/4 c butter and a few Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Dip each chop into egg, then coat in bread crumbs and cheese. Add to skillet and cook each side for about 4 minutes or until browned and cooked through.

***

Creamy Lemon Sauce

1 T butter
thinly sliced leeks
thinly sliced onion
minced garlic
zest of two lemons
juice of two lemons
1/2 heavy cream
1/4 milk
salt and pepper to taste

Saute leeks, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add zest, juice, cream and milk. Bring to a bubble and let bubble for about a minute or until thickened slightly. Add black pepper and salt to taste.

Serve on angel hair pasta (or any pasta for that matter) and pork milanese. (would also be good on chicken or shrimp.. or anything for that matter).

Enjoy!

Happy eating!

5 comments:

  1. I've never made leeks before. I've had them, in greek soups I believe, but I've never attempted to make them myself. I'll have to try out this recipe especially since we love pork chops and I make a different version each time. I'd love to see pictures of your recipes in the future :)

    ♥ SailorWifey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with SailorWifey about the pics! Sounds delicious though - can't wait to try it - especially working full time now...I still want to do the home cooked meals but with less time spent in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was definitely a super fast meal! And if you have older kids who like to help out in the kitchen they could dip the pork chops in the egg and crumbs while you cut the veggies for the sauce.

    About the pictures: I keep telling myself I am going to make and upload pictures... but we love our food so much we tend to scarf it down before I remember to get the camera! This was one of those meals: it was SOOOOOO beautiful, but we gobbled it up in like, two seconds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got extra pork chops in the freezer right now and this sounds like a perfect way to fix them. Thanks for the recipes - sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're welcome susan! enjoy!!! request: take a picture and send it to me after you create your meal! We will be having them again some time this week but I would love to put up a viewer picture!

    ReplyDelete