Memories... Like Mom Made!

Memories... Like Mom Made!
Out of dark moments, flowers grow.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 28, 2010

So I figure that this blog is more or less my diary... so why not have a post every day that is just a reflection... then a sprinkling in of recipes or whatever when I make something exciting...

So today Landon and I are not feeling too wonderful. We aren't "sick" exactly, but we have this sore throat (and runny nose for him) thing going on... I think it has something to do with the weather change... I always thought Missouri was the mood swing (weather change) state... We could go from 60 degree gorgeous weather to a blizzard in just a day or two... but California seems to be taking a few pages out of Missouri's play book... Seriously. One day it is 85 degrees out and we are enjoying the slip n slide and grilling burgers, and the next it is gloomy as can be and we are wearing sweaters... What's up with that?!

Since the sniffles have taken over me and the kid, we are going to have some comforting chicken noodle soup for lunch, with a chicken sandwich on the side for mommy, and carrot chips with hummus for us to share. Oh and the cool thing about the chicken noodle soup??? I made it using the leftovers from last nights chicken and dumplings minus the dumplings!

This may sound strange, but hummus seems to be a comfort food to my 16 month old... Any time he has been sick or had diaper rash, bumped his head, or done something that warranted a little extra babying, I would make him some homemade hummus and homemade pita bread. This always seems to turn his mood around! He has been enjoying hummus (without Tahini if you are sharing with a little one!) since he was about 8 months old. We also like to occasionally toss in a carrot, roasted red pepper, or avocado to the hummus and blend it up. It makes for a super tasty spread on sandwiches, or dip for veggies.

I will post the recipes later today... Right now I have some cuddling to attend to!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment